Friday, February 1, 2013

Knitted Chunky Scarf

Tutorial


Hey guys! So I found this pin on Pinterest of how to knit a scarf on your arm and I thought it was so cute and seemed easy to do! 

I tried to follow the video featured on the blog linked to the pin, but I didn't find her video to be very helpful when it came to technique, so I searched for a better video and found this one.



I however didn't have extremely chunky yarn so I had to modify the tutorial.

Here's what you'll need:
  • Yarn
  • Scissors
  • Arms
So if your yarn is chunky, you can cast on 5 or so stitches like the video does, but if you're like me and only have thin yarn on hand, I casted on about 12-15 stitches to make it as wide as a normal scarf. 

Step 1) Cast on (see video)

Step 2) Knit! (see video)

This is what it begins to look like.

Because the yarn was so thin and I was making an infinity scarf, I made it long enough to wrap around my neck three times to make it look more bulky. 
If your yarn is thicker, you can knit a shorter scarf.

Step 3) Cast off (see video)

Step 4) To tie the ends together and make it an infinity scarf, I literally just tied four knots along the ends. Once I put on the scarf I make sure that the knots are in the back so no one can see. If you want to connect the scarf the right way, you can see  the video below starting at around 9:13.




I plan on doing another one of these and doing it with thicker yarn, so hopefully it'll turn out even better!

Happy crafting,
-Micayla


No comments:

Post a Comment