Thursday, January 10, 2013

Dagger Collar Necklace

Tutorial 




Craft Inspiration
(Instagram: IPutTheDistrictOnMyBack)



Hey guys!

So this DIY project is inspired by the necklace I saw that Kylie Jenner posted on her Instagram account a while ago. I loved the necklace and thought it would be fairly easy to recreate, so I did!

Here are the supplies you'll need:
  • 6 sets of charms (I got them at Michaels, sorry it doesn't have a specific name! And you can buy more or less in order to fit the style you want)
  • Necklace clasps (I got a combination of screw on ones and clip on ones- whichever you prefer)
  • Jump rings (Only if you use the clip kind of necklace clasps)
  • Beading wire
  • Scissors









Step 1: Measure your wire. I made mine 5-7 inches too long so that I could tie them easily and then I cut off the rest that I didn't need.



Step 2: Begin to string the charms! This is where you get to decide what you want your necklace to look like. You can have them the way I placed them or you could vary them and make them random or string them by size- whatever you want!








This is how mine looked at the end.




Step 3: Tie on the clasps to either end of the beading string.









And there you go! You're finished.



Hope you enjoyed this craft! Let me know how yours went or if you have any questions!

Happy crafting!
-Micayla

No comments:

Post a Comment